Peruvian mountain roads
This morning I left Huaraz early for a trip to Chavin De Huantar - a pre Inca temple that was built 3000 years ago, by guys who worshipped an Alien guy who pretended he was Jaguar. I suppose he was there checking that’s where the gold was. The trip via a normal tour company was half the price of the hustlers that get you at the bus so just ignore them as you usually do. The bus went through some pretty crazy mountain passes - I don’t know if you know about Peruvian mountain roads but they twist and turn and invariably are mud tracks which crazed trucks and buses race through and often die on. The is a corner on this road called ‘Curva de Diablo’ and one called ‘save yourself if you can’ must be Peruvian humour. They obviously don’t think it dangerous enough because since it rains a lot you get numerous landslides. Obvious solution - mine into the rock adjacent to the road, just in case! I couldn’t believe it, there are working coal mines on the side of the road here, basically multiplying the chances of landlslides by a factor of ten billion. They must really need that coal at any cost.
My camera was stolen today so no photos till i buy a new one tomorrow!
Most Popular Posts...
-
The image of a wild white horse, washing itself in the magical lake isn't so romantic when you get close up and see its just an old na...
-
The funniest thing happened when we got to Nha Trang, which is the main resort here in Vietnam. Walking around the quiet town a...
-
So my last night i went to Ipenema for some dinner, it was a pretty nice steak, in a place called Garota de Ipenema, where it seems some fam...
-
Typical. im absolutely fine round the dodgiest places there are, and then today i got pickpocketed in the middle of the afternoon in Jaco m...
-
I would like to add that, as for most cities, 6am is the best and most interesting time to be around and awake. Here in Managua, the sun is ...
-
It's days like this in Buffalo that I love being a northerner - those early spring days where you know that the dark cold hell of wint...
-
There is almost no need to pack at all for cheap and hot countries. I've decided to do 'hand luggage only' for a month in Malays...
-
I just got back from the jungle, and am relaxing in Iquitos (if that is at all possible) Rather than tell you about my experience just yet,...
-
I couldnt beleive it, I was in some tourist trap market, and who is sitting there getting his photo taken with tourists but ex futbol supers...
-
Well, Guatamalan ladies do get a bad rep. , but i personally cant say anything bad about them. They may not be the best looking Chicas in th...
No comments:
Post a Comment