Most Popular Posts...
-
The image of a wild white horse, washing itself in the magical lake isn't so romantic when you get close up and see its just an old na...
-
The funniest thing happened when we got to Nha Trang, which is the main resort here in Vietnam. Walking around the quiet town a...
-
So my last night i went to Ipenema for some dinner, it was a pretty nice steak, in a place called Garota de Ipenema, where it seems some fam...
-
Typical. im absolutely fine round the dodgiest places there are, and then today i got pickpocketed in the middle of the afternoon in Jaco m...
-
I would like to add that, as for most cities, 6am is the best and most interesting time to be around and awake. Here in Managua, the sun is ...
-
It's days like this in Buffalo that I love being a northerner - those early spring days where you know that the dark cold hell of wint...
-
DISCLAIMER - THIS POST IN NO WAY RELATES TO ANY PARTICULAR AIRLINE AND CERTAINLY NOT A CERTAIN IRISH BUDGET AIRLINE WITH A REPUTATION FOR A...
-
There is almost no need to pack at all for cheap and hot countries. I've decided to do 'hand luggage only' for a month in Malays...
-
I just got back from the jungle, and am relaxing in Iquitos (if that is at all possible) Rather than tell you about my experience just yet,...
-
I couldnt beleive it, I was in some tourist trap market, and who is sitting there getting his photo taken with tourists but ex futbol supers...
Wednesday, 14 October 2009
Surfiing Jaco
After a night of Poker that ended pleasantl(read profitable) and earlyish, about 3am, i got up at 7am for a good breakfast and my first surf lesson. I was joined by two nice Norwegian girls and 3 americans who were surprisingly quite ok. Seems to me a bit like skiing, the more you do it the the better you get and the more fun it is. However i can now stand up on the board and do some little turns so we're getting there....i met an interesting guy at the poker table (its where you meet the most interesting people ;o) ) who had surfed for 20 years and told me he was still learning, so there is a long way ahead there....anyway the Jaco surf school is $40 for the morning lesson and they give you the board for the day, for those who are interested. i must admit i really enjoyed it and will do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment